Looking back

IMG_1404

Sometimes I get a bit frustrated with how much more weight I still need to lose but then I take a look at where I’ve come from. Looking at the old fat photos nearly always makes me cry. I had no idea I was quite so big. I never let my weight hold me back – I did nearly everything I wanted to but I so wish I could go back and get new photos :-).

Our first visit to the temple in 2005…

temple05

And now…

IMG_1392

And inΒ  2007 with my best friend, Leanne …

Libby & Leanne 2007

and 2009…

IMG_8717

19 Comments to “Looking back”

1. By Chantel, September 8, 2009 @ 2:21 pm

I understand how that could feel Libby, but wow the compairson is huge! You’ve done so well!! Just think what those comparison photos will look like in another 2 years πŸ™‚

2. By gscrapbooks, September 8, 2009 @ 9:34 pm

You look wonderful Libby – you’re on a good path! Keep up the great work!!! πŸ™‚

3. By jody, September 8, 2009 @ 9:39 pm

Libby you look fantastic and I know you have worked hard for that πŸ™‚

4. By Mama Syder, September 9, 2009 @ 5:34 am

WOW…You have done so well!!!
    Congratulations on your weight loss…You Look Fab!

5. By Kez, September 9, 2009 @ 9:43 am

You have done incredibly well Libby! I can’t believe how much the girls have grown up between those 2 photos πŸ™‚

6. By annie, September 9, 2009 @ 2:09 pm

Amazing!!! And on another note…..the girls were so little!!!!! So cute, time goes to quickly!

7. By Leanne, September 9, 2009 @ 10:44 pm

Lib you should feel so proud of what you have achieved over the last couple of years. Both you and Kevin have lost so much weight and the proof is in the photos. Lucky you are such an avid photographer and scrapbooker. I loved the photos of you and I also. πŸ™‚ See you Friday and then Sunday! The girls are so excited.

8. By Liz, September 10, 2009 @ 4:10 pm

Libby, I’ve been reading your blog for a while and just wanted to say you should be so proud of your achievements. You’ve done really well. I’m also really impressed that you never let your weight stop you from doing whatever you wanted! I, on the other hand, constantly use my weight as an excuse not to do so many things I love… lest I feel self conscious or embarrassed.

You’ve inspired me to continue on my weight loss journey and to go out and experience anything I want to! πŸ™‚

9. By Libby Withnall, September 10, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

Thanks Gretchen. It’s been a journey that’s for sure.

Libby

10. By Libby Withnall, September 10, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

Thanks Jody. i’m still a work in progress but I’m getting there.

Libby

11. By Libby Withnall, September 10, 2009 @ 4:55 pm

Thanks Kerrie. I still have a ways to go but I’ll get there one day. And yes, my babies are growing up way too fast.

Libby

12. By Libby Withnall, September 10, 2009 @ 4:56 pm

Thanks Annie. Time does go by too fast. Can’t believe Christy will be 8 tomorrow. Seems like just yesterday she was a little baby.

Libby

13. By Libby Withnall, September 10, 2009 @ 4:57 pm

Thanks Leanne. Well, I like the 2nd photo of us MUCH better than the first one :-). Looking forward to spending time with you over the weekend.

Libby

14. By Libby Withnall, September 10, 2009 @ 5:05 pm

Hi Liz,

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Weight loss is such a hard thing, and while surgery was a big help to both myself and Kevin I still need to put in the work if I want to make it all the way to goal, and to keep off the weight I’ve lost. But I know deep down if it wasn’t for sugery I’d still be the size I was 2 years ago – if not heavier.
    I think the key is finding something that works for you, that you can live with forever, and not to let the scales determine your success. Best of luck on your journey. Please drop me a note from time to time to let me know how you’re going.

Libby

15. By Alison, September 11, 2009 @ 10:40 am

LIBBY!!!! I had no idea!! You’ve come so far! Congratulations mama, you’ve done great!

16. By Debbie, September 11, 2009 @ 1:16 pm

Hi Libby Tour weight loss is an inspiration to a lot of people. I too am overweight and to get it off is not an easy thing to do, You should be proud of yourself.
    Debbie

17. By Tina @ Mummified Times Five, September 13, 2009 @ 7:13 pm

Wow, Libby! That is an awesome comparison. You’ve done so well…congratulations!

18. By Bel, September 13, 2009 @ 11:44 pm

That’s fantastic, Libby – the photos really show how far you’ve come! It’d be great to hear more about how the weight loss has affected your life. You have to be proud of your progress so far – I’m inspired!

19. By Karen, October 1, 2009 @ 12:59 pm

libby … you look amazing now!! have enjoyed reading all your recent posts. sorry for the dust storm … ichh!!