Not long ago Vanessa at Green Ness was asking how I tackled the school holidays. At the time I replied we had nothing planned this time around because the girls were misbehaving. But on further reflection I think it might be good to use this time at home to get them to bond again and enjoy being together like they used to. So I’m going to plan out some fun things for us to do together both at home and out.
I’m also going to make between 9am and 5pm screen-free time (unless there are special circumstances). This is going to apply to me as well (with possible exception of trip planning).
Here’s some of my ideas so far :
* Make friendship boxes – thanks to Ailsa for this idea
* Go on a scavenger hunt – never done one before but Annie’s kids always seem to enjoy them.
* Learn to knit class at library
* Photo session – with us taking photos of each other
* Trip to beach with dogs
* Movies (plus I plan to take both girls on their own as a special outing)
* Painting or drawing down at the lake
* Work on a jigsaw together
* Manicures & pedicures
* Play wii together (I very rarely do this)
* Family bike ride
* Get girls to plan and cook a special meal for each other
That should keep us out of trouble and hopefully help the girls realize just how wonderful it is to have a sister. If anyone has any ideas for me – esp. to help with the bonding – please let me know. Being an only child this is all new to me!