Okay, I’m sure there are lots of problems with me but today I wanted to talk about the fact that even though I’m at home a lot I still don’t have time to do all the things I want to do. I have all these ideas but when I have the time I forget what I wanted to do. I blame this on one thing – TOO MANY HOBBIES AND INTERESTS!!!!
Today I planned to do some scrapbooking (for which I been suffering big time scrappers block) after cleaning the house this morning. I stopped at 1pm and had lunch which watching Cleanaholics – which of course led to a few random cleaning jobs after lunch, ‘ washing, some time on the computer, making brownies (Amy invited a friend for a sleepover at the last minute). It’s now 4.45pm and I don’t feel I have gotten anything done this afternoon. Certainly no scrapbooking – in part because the girls took over the scrapbook room. But I could have done something else. This isn’t just an isolated incident – it’s been happening a lot over the last few weeks. I tend to jump from one thing to another. Things I think about….
* catching up on my fav. blogs
* organising my flickr photos
* getting up to date, or finishing, the 4 online scrapbook classes I’m taking
* actually doing some layouts
* working on plans for our upcoming trip
* tidying or sorting out somewhere in the house
* sewing projects (haven’t sewed in months)
* crochet and knitting projects
* new, healthy recipes to try
* time to read books and magazines
* how to deal with two children who don’t like each other very much at the moment
* how to be a better wife, Mum and friend (definitely failing at the friend thing of late)
* and the list goes on.
On top of this I’m about to learn how to use a Digital SLR and possibly do a course at TAFE on backyard gardening!!!!
I know spending less time online would free up more time. I’ve been doing this but it hasn’t really helped. I could never go cold turkey as I get so much inspiration and encouragement from the blog world.
So I ask you, my blog readers, how do you manage making time for all the things you want to do? Do you make lists, draft a timetable, drop some hobbies? Any ideas and suggestions are most welcome as I’m getting rather frustrated with myself.