Saw this on Rachel’s blog (think it’s doing the rounds) and thought it a fun idea.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, though sometimes wrapped presents will get put into gift bags
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artifical – always has been. It would be fun to have a real tree – they sure do look great – but I’d feel bad about killing the tree :-).
3. When do you put up the tree? The last few years it’s been mid-November
4. When do you take the tree down? After boxing day – which is why I put the tree up so early 🙂
5. Favorite gift received as a child? Toss up between Baby Alive, a guitar, trampoline and roller skating (the daggy kind that clipped on to your shoes).
6. Hardest person to buy for? My Mum or Dad – they seem to take turns each year. Mum’s birthday being in December doesn’t make it easy.
7. Easiest person to buy for? ME!!! I never have trouble buying a present for myself :-). The kids are pretty easy as well, though it’s getting harder as they get older.
8. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail and it’s still homemade for me
9. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas with the Kranks. Love the Santa Claus movies too.
10. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually October – just buying things as I see them. Most is done in December.
11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? It was Santa Mallows until they stopped making them. Now it’s shortbread and Gingerbread muffins.
13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Clear – white, definitely not blue.
14. Favorite Christmas song? Driving home for Christmas – Chris Rea
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home – ever since Amy was born
16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? A silver star, though I like the idea of ribbon
17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, with PJs given to the girls on Christmas Eve.
18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How crowded the shopping centers get. Luckily I’m a morning person and can organise to get their early. We also have end of school year so it’s a very busy time socially.
19. What do you want for Christmas this year? To enjoy our first Christmas Day without any extended family.
20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Uusally red, white and silver – but this year I’m going silver and purple for xmas lunch.
Please let me know if you do this. It’s a fun way to think about the season.