re·new (r-n, -ny)
1. To make new or as if new again; restore
2. To take up again; resume
3. To repeat so as to reaffirm: renew a promise.
4. To regain or restore the physical or mental vigor of; revive
5. To replenish
6. To bring into being again; reestablish.
1. To become new again.
2. To start over.
This years word came to me pretty easily. The main focus of 2013 is to renew the health of my body. Having surgery to repair a hernia on the 8th January should play a big part but I also need to renew my commitment to healthy eating and renew my love of exercise. Losing weight will be a top priority as part of becoming healthy and living pain free (the ultimate goal).
I also want to renew my love of scrapbooking, reading, crochet and knitting – hobbies that I love that I have stopped, or almost stopped, doing. And also renew my love of being outdoors.
GOALS FOR 2013
* Make time for my hobbies on a daily basis – scrapbooking, knitting/crochet, reading
* Get outside every day and enjoy the moment
* Look into pets as therapy for volunteer work
* Keeping blogging and making videos – just for fun and to share
* Travel…. as much as possible
* Start (and complete) Project Life (using my week that was posts)
* Keep health a priority throughout the year and feel like a new person this time next year.
* Eat a plant based diet with a focus on healing/whole foods.
* Get back to daily exercise, in varied forms.
* Weekly menu planning (going to start doing this on the blog again)
* Get back playing in the kitchen and making new recipes
* Take a yoga class
* Develop new/revised home-making routine
* Use my new dayplanner to help keep organised.
* Help kids to develop their own routines
* Complete organising all areas of home
* Monthly family day out
* Monthly day out with Mum
* Friday date night with Kevin (sometimes at home, sometimes out)
* Saturday family game/movie night
* Meet more regularly with the few real life friends that I have
* Weekly family meetings (Monday nights) to address any issues that arise
Do you have a word for the year and any goals you’d like to achieve? Please comment below or link to your blog as I’d love to hear your goals for 2013.