A Day in my Life – 14th March, 2013

Can you believe this I’ve being doing a Day in the life posts for 5 years? How crazy is that? But such a great record to have – esp. of the girls. Anyone remember back then? I obviously didn’t really know what I was doing the first time and my posts got a lot more detailed (and photo heavy) after that.

So what did the 14th March, 2013 look like? It was your typical start. Up around 5.30am, dogs out, tea made, YouTube watched. Unfortunately Rosie went right under our back deck and came inside with muddy paws – which I didn’t know about until I spotted the mud all over the carpet and spots where she had been. This is Bailey but Rosie had obviously been on this lounge earlier.


Around 7am I got dressed and ready to take the dogs on a walk. I’ve been wearing the dog walking belt as a place to put my phone. I usually put it in my bra but I get to sweaty at the moment.


Due to Rosie’s muddy paws I had put the dogs outside so I collected them from the side gate.


and we headed down to the park for our walk. We managed a pretty fast pace today for the first time in a long time.


When we got back I hosed off Rosie’s muddy feet then went inside to recover. Christy was dressed and ready for school so worked on her homework.


I got the washing started….


then saw Christy off to school.


I then cleaned off the lounge before the mud got spread further.


Then it was time for my breakfast – a berry and mango smoothie. I know it doesn’t look very good but it tasted delicious.



While having breakfast I did a bit of shopping….


then hung out the washing.


You might notice that I haven’t showered. There is a good reason. I had a skin biopsy yesterday and I’m not allowed to get the area wet for 24 hours. Instead I got to work in the kitchen, starting with the open shelves….


In amongst tackling cupboards I took out food to the chooks and collected the eggs. Our broodie girl has finally come off the eggs.


I also baked some veggies….


and tidied my desk, while updating details of our Germany trip.


There were labels for the pantry.


And finally a welcomed break for lunch and YouTube.


Afterwards I headed back into the kitchen while Rosie and Bailey enjoyed a treat.



I didn’t have to pick up Amy today as she was staying in town with some school friends then heading to Drama lessons. I cut up some watermelon for Christy.


who came home with a card she’d made for me.



I worked on my grocery haul video….


then vacuumed the mud off the floor….


Time for a snack – lentil soup and rockmelon.


I then took the bins out,


I prepared some veggies for my dinner…


and made some almond milk…

IMG_0173.jpg IMG_0174.jpg

Time for the puppies dinner…


and my dinner….quinoa, veggies and a ginger sauce…


Christy buttered some bread to go with her soup. And since it was just the two of us we enjoyed dinner on the couch while watching Got to Dance, followed by a few episodes of the Pioneer Woman. One of the episodes was all about chocolate – which was a little hard to watch.


Amy sent me a photo of the new Mexican place that Kevin and her dined at.


I was in a bit of pain tonight so decided to head to bed when Christy went up at 8.30pm. I made some mint tea to enjoy.


After saying goodnight to Christy I did my evening skin care….


then hopped into bed to watch some more YouTube and enjoy my tea.



Final beauty care…


and puppies on the bed since Kevin wasn’t home.


Amy and Kevin arrived home about 9.30pm. I read some blogs and turned off the lights about 10pm.

And if you’d like to see all this in video mode you can (as my new camera takes video every time you take a photo).

7 thoughts on “A Day in my Life – 14th March, 2013

  1. So did Christy’s card work?! Hard to believe you’ve been doing them for 5 years – you’ve kept them up far longer than me!

  2. I loved the little video too. Were the dogs hunting for lizards around the plant pots?

    Your vegie and chick pea lunch/dinner looked absolutely yummy!

  3. Janine…Unfortunately I haven’t scrapbooked in ages. I’ve sat down to do some a number of times but get overwhelmed and don’t know where to start. Having said that I’ve just took some photos of my Project Life if that’s of any interest. It should be up in a few days. I really hope I get my mojo back soon as I really miss the creative outlet.

Comments are closed.