A Day in my Life – November

I woke up about 4.30am this morning and lay in bed cuddling my dogs till about 5am. Got up and dressed and headed out for a walk before the sun was even up.



I LOVE walking at this time of day and this morning we saw a spectacular sunrise. It was just magical.



Back home I made the mistake of “quickly” checking my e-mail and half and hour later had to really drag myself away to do my morning workout. I did the Action Hero Babe build workout which is rather challenging but at the end I felt GREAT! And a bit sweaty :-).


Post workout I always have a green smoothie (with some unflavoured protein powder). Delicious! Oh, look who else enjoyed a green smoothie this morning – Alison from Mama’s Weeds.


Since it was still early – around 7.30am – I played on the computer until the rest of the family woke up (Amy was already up). Then it was time to do my normal daily of routine of watering the veggie garden (which is growing at an amazing rate), empty the dishwasher and feed all the animals. It’s already getting warm outside so I think it’s going to be a hot day.


Around 9am I munched on a couple of cruskits with cottage cheese and then headed up to have my shower and get dressed. Shortly afterwards Tina dropped by with some Christmas goodies I had ordered at a home party about a month ago. So excited as I couldn’t remember what I’d ordered. I got some great things for myself and the girls had picked out some presents for their teachers. Didn’t realize I was into gingerbread things.


Then it was time to make ask Kevin to get down the Christmas trees (from the garage roof) and help lug down the boxes of Christmas decorations. I should have taken a photos of all the boxes together – actually maybe it’s better that I didn’t :-).


As soon as we put the Christmas music on Kevin cleared out and the girls and I got to work putting up the tree and decorating downstairs. Amy did most of the tree by herself (though I did have to help with the light untangling) and Christy worked on the Christmas village.

IMG_2688 IMG_2690


Okay, before you pronounce me crazy (like Kevin did) for decorating so early – will be away the next two weekend and I was not going to go to all this trouble in December for just a couple of weeks. And I think it’s helped get me into the Christmas spirit – which I seemed to have been missing this year.

I took a break around 11am, already tired and over the decoarting. The girls had given up by now and I was left to deal with the mess.

IMG_2699 IMG_2696

Finally got the entrance and loungeroom done by about 1pm. Frankly I’m not too worried about decorating the family room and upstairs but I’m sure it’ll gradually get done. It was nice getting out the Christmas dishes.  Lunch was a wrap with hummus, cheese & salad which I ate at the computer (surprise, surprise). Kevin arrived home shortly afterwards and I played on the laptop while half watching TV. With the hot day and rather busy morning I feeling rather tired and my hands & feet were swollen & sore. Mid-afternoon we made some popcorn.


And when Kevin put on a TV show I didn’t want to watch/listen to I took my laptop outside to the pavillion (boy that sounds posh!). Talk about relaxing. I enjoyed a cup of tea and a couple of Crabtree & Evelyn Orange Butter biscuits (I adore these but can only find them at Christmas time – which was the reason I bought 4 packets the other day 🙂 ).


I worked on our UK travel plans – revising our itinerary so we now get to visit the Orkneys and Skara Brae. So excited!

The girls came out and had a swim.


It was nearly 6pm when we headed back indoors and time to think about cooking dinner. I got the dogs their dinner and bought in the washing while it was cooking.


And sent Kevin out to collect any eggs. He looks impressed doesn’t he?


We enjoyed sweet potato rissotto (I made extra for Nan & Pop since they had just mowed our lawn) which we enjoyed (in a Christmas bowl) while watching some House.


Christy had had dinner with Nan & Pop but when she returned she spent about 40mins playing (very carefully) with the Christmas village.


We headed up to bed around 9pm and I’m pretty sure I was asleep by 9.30pm. I was awoken around 11.30pm by our new neighbours (they moved in TODAY) who were having a family sing-a-long. I’m pretty sure they had no idea how loud they were – I thought they were outside. But it was a still night and their house is fairly empty of furniture and seems to echo. Hope it’s not a sign of things to come. We’ve had no neighbours here (besides Nan & Pop) for 4 years so it’s a shock to the system.

7 thoughts on “A Day in my Life – November

  1. Thanks for the mention, Libby! 🙂

    Your Christmas bowl looks cute! That’s the one thing I haven’t bought yet but I plan to find a nice Christmas dinner set this year…hopefully.

    I hope your neighbours’ sing along was a one off and nothing like the neighbours behind us!

  2. Sounds like a wonderful day – I wish I was more of a morning person and up before dawn….I know I am missing one of the best parts of the day!

    We also have two golden retrievers – aren’t they just such wonderful creatures??? 🙂

    I miss the heat of Summer….we’ve had a very long Fall here and it seems like so long ago we were in the outdoor pool!

    Enjoy Scotland and the UK – I grew up in England and lived in Edinburgh for a few years – Scotland is beautiful!!

  3. Those sunrise photos are gorgeous!

    You will love the Orkneys & Skara Brae – it was one of the highlights of our trip to the UK.

  4. I love these posts! And that green smoothie picture is too funny!

    What an amazing morning walk too, makes it easy to get out there and get some morning exercise in. Beautiful!

Comments are closed.