This is my Granny’s recipe for shortbread. Since she’s Scottish it’s the real deal. Everyone who tries it loves it. And it really is easy to make..
You will need:
250g of plain flour
125g rice flour
125g caster sugar
250g butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven at 170 degree
2. Sift flour, rice flour and sugar into bowl.
4. Place in a greased and papered baking tin.
5. Prick well all over with a fork.
6. Bake in the centre of a steady oven till it begins to colour. (around 45mins)
7. Cut shortbread into lengths of about 7cm x 2.5cm.