Our snow trip

Well, we had a fantastic weekend away. We left about 9am on Friday morning (after I’d been to an early morning Pump class at the gym), and met Leanne, Noel & kids down the express way. After a brief stop we hit the road travelling on to Bredbo where we stopped at a pancake place for lunch. Then onto Jindabyne and our home for the weekend. The trip down went well with the girls watching the new DVD’s players Kevin got for the car. The 4 bed apartment was okay – pretty basic but roomy – but we had no oven to cook our dinner and the gas ran out so we had to call the service man. In the end we cook ALL our dinner in the small microwave. After unpacking the car we went into the town to get a toboggans and a few other things. Both my girls spent some of the money Poppy had given them.
On Saturday morning we had breakfast and set off for Perisher. There was hardly any snow and it was very strange not seeing much on the way out. The girls were very excited and couldn’t wait to hit the slopes. They were so cute pulling their toboggans along. Christy had a ball and in every photo has a great big smile on her face as she yelled out “wheeee”. After a few hours we headed back to the car and over to Thredbo. The girls thought it was great getting to go in the bus into the village where we had lunch sitting outside in the sunshine (wasn’t cold or snowy here either). Then after refuelling we caught the chairlift up the mountain. It was a LONG trip so we got good value for money (except for Leanne who had to deal with a squirming Erica). At the top there still wasn’t much snow – though it was a lot colder. Everyone else walked up the hill a bit and played in the snow – I wasn’t game enough as I was limping around with my heal spur and didn’t want to fall and break an ankle (again). I just sat and people watched. Back down the mountain – I prefer going down for some reason – probably cause I’m looking out rather than down. We then took the girls to the playground and caught the bus back to the car and went back to the aparment for hot chocolates and popcorn. Pizza was ordered in for dinner (I ate last nights pasta) and we spent a relaxing night in.
Sunday morning was Fathers Day so we did presents, had breakfast, packed up and headed off to Canberra and Questacon. We arrived on lunchtime so had lunch first before going to Kids Zone and then some of the other exhibits. The girls all had a great time and it was a really good way to break up the long drive home. We left around 4.30pm, getting home at 7pm. Unpacked, watched a little TV and fell into bed rather tired. But very happy and relaxed.